This is one of my favourite gummy recipes. As you can tell from the photo below, my son loves it too. It only requires a few ingredients, takes about 5 minutes to make, and is great for fighting colds and flu. All you need are lemons, honey, and grass-fed gelatin. I also like to add ginger powder, but that is optional.
You can let the mixture cool in a glass pyrex dish as you would with jello, but I prefer silicone molds. The gummies are easier to pop out and you can get some fun shapes!
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (from about 2 to 3 lemons)
- 2 1/2 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey (more if you like)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
- Heat the lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat
- Add the gelatin and whisk until all clumps are gone.
- Add the ginger powder now if you are going to use it, and stir until well mixed.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the honey until it is mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds / glass dish.
- Place the molds / glass dish into the freezer and let it stay there for 15 minutes.
- Pop out the gummies and enjoy!