These sugar-free chocolate coconut balls are perfect for the holiday season to help you satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate cravings while avoiding refined sugar and gluten. They are loaded with chocolate, are naturally sweetened, and are free of gluten and dairy. They also only take 10 minutes to make. What’s more, they have great presentation, so they are excellent for parties and as gifts. This recipe is adapted from Sugar Free Mom.
- 1 1/4cup coconut flakes, shredded, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (optional*. Here is a sugar-free chocolate chip recipe.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 9 dates, pitted, chopped preferably but not absolutely necessary
- Mix one cup of the coconut flakes together with the banana and cocoa in a food processor or powerful blender.
- Gradually add the dates to the food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend in the honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips if you are adding them.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut flakes onto a plate.
- Make 14 small chocolate balls from the mixture then roll them into the coconut flakes. Refrigeration is not necessary, but if you are not eating them right away, keep them in the fridge to stay firm until you are ready to eat