This recipe will allow you to make a natural nourishing homemade lip balm. This recipe is the perfect protection for your lips, particularly during the colder months of the year. I like to make a batch of this and have several containers of it available in various spots at home and in my handbags so I always have them on hand.
- 2 teaspoons beeswax
- 2 teaspoons shea butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E
- 10+ drops peppermint essential oil or another essential oil of your choice
- Lip balm container (tin or tubes) large enough for approximately 30 mL of lip balm
- Mix beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or glass bowl over a small saucepan with an inch of water. Bring water to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer, and stir until the ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before adding the peppermint essential oil
- Pour in to lip balm tin or use a dropper to transfer it into lip balm tubes. Let it cool completely before using.
No time to make your own lip balm?
You can order my premade Holistic Essentials lip balm!