A Healthy Beginning Holistic Essentials Home & Body Products
I am very excited to announce that I am now making my finished natural body care and cleaning products available for purchase! If you’ve been meaning to make your own products, but haven’t had a chance to do it, this is a perfect fit for you!
All products are handmade in Vancouver with natural and safe ingredients. Ingredients are also typically certified organic or wild-crafted unless I have trouble sourcing them or they are cost-prohibitive.
Currently, I have six of my most popular products available for sale. The ingredients for each are listed below (* = certified organic ingredient). To minimize the use of plastic, which leach harmful chemicals, all products are elegantly packaged in reusable and recyclable glass or stainless steel containers, or compostable containers.
***BONUS: If you get 3 or more products, you get $1 off each product!***
1) Luxurious Whipped Body Butter with Lavender or Vanilla Essential Oil (120 mL) – $12
- Moisturizes and heals your skin. Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feel.
- Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, Mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil* or Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) oil
2) Organic Facial Cleansing Oil (30 mL) – $12
- More and more people are discovering that natural oils are a very effective way to cleanse their skin and solve many different skin problems. The oil cleansing method is based on the chemistry principle “like dissolves like”. This facial cleansing oil deep cleans, reduces inflammation in the skin, and moisturizes your face all at the same time. Great for all skin types, including acne-prone skin (it even reduces blackheads) and can be used to remove make-up.
- Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*
3) Moisturizing and Firming Day and Night Facial Oil (30 mL) – $16
- Rejuvenates and firms your skin, and has anti-aging properties. Absorbs quickly without leaving a shine. Excellent for all skin-types, including acne-prone skin.
- Ingredients: Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, Rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil, Calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (geranium) oil, choice of Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower oil* (wonderfully healing and soothing, and great for all skin types), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil* for acne, oily, or even dry skin, or Mentha piperta (peppermint) oil* for oily and acne-prone skin.
4) Coffee Firming Under Eye Serum (30 mL) – $12
- Improves circulation, reduces puffiness, and plumps up the skin, diminishing the appearance of dark circles.
- Ingredients: Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Coffea arabica (coffee) oil, Coffea arabica (coffee) beans*
5) Untinted or Tinted Lip Balm (shade: Crimson Heart) – $6. This comes in 2 packaging options: 0.21 oz compostable Eco-Tube or 0.5 oz stainless steel tin.
- Moisturizes, softens, and plumps up lips. The tinted lip balm also adds a natural-looking crimson tint and subtle shimmer to lips.
- Ingredients: Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, Cera alba (beeswax), Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, Olea europaea (olive) oil,* Mica (for tinted lip balm only), Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil*
6) Remineralizing Toothpaste (120 mL) – $12
- Remineralizes, whitens, and polishes teeth. Plus it helps fight against cavity-causing bacteria!
- Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, Bentonite, Cinnamon, Xylitol, Sodium bicarbonate, Himalayan salt, Clove, Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil*
At this time, I am unable to ship, but I am able to meet at any SkyTrain station (we are a car-free family so we mainly rely on transit). Several pick-up locations are also available in East Vancouver, Downtown, and North Vancouver. To order, please email me and let me know which product(s) you would like.
I bought the vanilla whipped body butter, organic facial cleansing oil, eye serum and tinted lip balm. These products are fantastic and the lip balm and eye serum are quickly becoming my favorites. I am fairly particular with my lip balms and previously find that no other lip balm works except Burts Bee’s or a similar organic honey mint balm from Portland. Tried your Crimson heart lip balm and LOVED it. It’s very moisturizing – I’m certain I’ll need another tube of tinted and untinted soon.Jessica Galo
In many Asian dishes, you'll find oyster sauce is used to enhance the flavour of the dishes. But store-bought oyster sauce typically has MSG (or monosodium glutamate), which excites and increases the sensitivity of our taste buds so that we think the food we are...
Luxurious Whipped Body Butter with Lavender or Vanilla Essential Oil (120 mL) – $12 Moisturizes and heals your skin. Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feel. Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, Olea europaea (olive)...
The Center for Environmental Health based in Oakland, California, performed a study on shampoos and soaps and found that at least 98 brands included a carcinogen known as cocamide diethanolamine (cocamide DEA). These brands include Colgate Palmolive, Paul Mitchell,...
Did you know that face paints have dangerous heavy metals and toxic substances, including lead, nickel, cobalt and/or chromium at levels far exceeding recommendations of industry studies? The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics study revealed this stunning revelation back in...
Guest post by Dr. Sabrina Chen-See, Vancouver’s Pediatric & Family Wellness Chiropractor The baby is born... no more carrying the heavy load 24/7! The labour’s done and the hard work is over... or is it? Caring for a baby is rewarding - and hard work. Like other...
Morning sickness can be miserable, but with knowing this newer information there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Guest post by Dr. Bobby Parmar, Naturopathic Physician. The original post can be found here. Morning sickness confers 50-75% lower miscarriage rates in women who have had a previous miscarriage. It also seems the greater the misery and symptoms the more the benefit to...
Recently I have been getting a lot of requests for a natural hair gel recipe. If you ever look at the label of a commercial hair gel, you would probably find things like: Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triisopropanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-12 Dimethicone,...
Guest post by Dr. Bobby Parmar, Naturopathic Physician. The original post can be found here. We all either have or know someone with food allergies. As someone who used to have a lot of allergies this topic is a big one for me. Peanut allergies are still some of the...
This smoothie contains all of the essential elements of a balanced super smoothie - high quality protein, greens, good fat, spices, natural sweetener, and a superfood. With the exception of the gelatin powder, it contains only whole foods so that your body can...
A few months ago, I posted the recipe for my tooth powder. Today, I am sharing my remineralizing toothpaste recipe. Most of the ingredients are the same as the tooth powder, except this one also contains coconut oil in addition to bentonite clay, both of which are...
Get ready for an ice cream that you don't have to feel guilty about! This banana coconut ice cream is naturally sweetened with bananas, is dairy-free but yet still creamy, and takes only a few ingredients to make. You can also add or substitute the bananas with other...