A Healthy Beginning Holistic Essentials Home & Body Products
I am very excited to announce that I am now making my finished natural body care and cleaning products available for purchase! If you’ve been meaning to make your own products, but haven’t had a chance to do it, this is a perfect fit for you!
All products are handmade in Vancouver with natural and safe ingredients. Ingredients are also typically certified organic or wild-crafted unless I have trouble sourcing them or they are cost-prohibitive.
Currently, I have six of my most popular products available for sale. The ingredients for each are listed below (* = certified organic ingredient). To minimize the use of plastic, which leach harmful chemicals, all products are elegantly packaged in reusable and recyclable glass or stainless steel containers, or compostable containers.
***BONUS: If you get 3 or more products, you get $1 off each product!***
1) Luxurious Whipped Body Butter with Lavender or Vanilla Essential Oil (120 mL) – $12
- Moisturizes and heals your skin. Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy feel.
- Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, Mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil* or Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) oil
2) Organic Facial Cleansing Oil (30 mL) – $12
- More and more people are discovering that natural oils are a very effective way to cleanse their skin and solve many different skin problems. The oil cleansing method is based on the chemistry principle “like dissolves like”. This facial cleansing oil deep cleans, reduces inflammation in the skin, and moisturizes your face all at the same time. Great for all skin types, including acne-prone skin (it even reduces blackheads) and can be used to remove make-up.
- Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*
3) Moisturizing and Firming Day and Night Facial Oil (30 mL) – $16
- Rejuvenates and firms your skin, and has anti-aging properties. Absorbs quickly without leaving a shine. Excellent for all skin-types, including acne-prone skin.
- Ingredients: Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, Rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil, Calophyllum inophyllum (tamanu) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (geranium) oil, choice of Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower oil* (wonderfully healing and soothing, and great for all skin types), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil* for acne, oily, or even dry skin, or Mentha piperta (peppermint) oil* for oily and acne-prone skin.
4) Coffee Firming Under Eye Serum (30 mL) – $12
- Improves circulation, reduces puffiness, and plumps up the skin, diminishing the appearance of dark circles.
- Ingredients: Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Coffea arabica (coffee) oil, Coffea arabica (coffee) beans*
5) Untinted or Tinted Lip Balm (shade: Crimson Heart) – $6. This comes in 2 packaging options: 0.21 oz compostable Eco-Tube or 0.5 oz stainless steel tin.
- Moisturizes, softens, and plumps up lips. The tinted lip balm also adds a natural-looking crimson tint and subtle shimmer to lips.
- Ingredients: Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, Cera alba (beeswax), Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil*, Olea europaea (olive) oil,* Mica (for tinted lip balm only), Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil*
6) Remineralizing Toothpaste (120 mL) – $12
- Remineralizes, whitens, and polishes teeth. Plus it helps fight against cavity-causing bacteria!
- Ingredients: Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil*, Bentonite, Cinnamon, Xylitol, Sodium bicarbonate, Himalayan salt, Clove, Mentha piperita (peppermint) oil*
At this time, I am unable to ship, but I am able to meet at any SkyTrain station (we are a car-free family so we mainly rely on transit). Several pick-up locations are also available in East Vancouver, Downtown, and North Vancouver. To order, please email me and let me know which product(s) you would like.
I bought the vanilla whipped body butter, organic facial cleansing oil, eye serum and tinted lip balm. These products are fantastic and the lip balm and eye serum are quickly becoming my favorites. I am fairly particular with my lip balms and previously find that no other lip balm works except Burts Bee’s or a similar organic honey mint balm from Portland. Tried your Crimson heart lip balm and LOVED it. It’s very moisturizing – I’m certain I’ll need another tube of tinted and untinted soon.Jessica Galo
Guest post by Dr. Sabrina Chen-See, Vancouver's Pediatric & Family Wellness Chiropractor on chiropractic for the young athlete. Here is the link to the original post. Everyone knows about chiropractic care for the professional athlete- Sidney Crosby, Usain Bolt,...
Essential oils have been used by many professionals such as aromatherapists, doulas, midwives, and nurses for decades to help treat all sorts of pregnancy symptoms. These include nausea, back pain, insomnia, stretch marks, and stress. They can also be helpful during a...
This winter season, I have given a new twist to my smoothies. To help combat colds and flu, I have been adding immune-boosting herbs to my smoothies. Not only do these smoothies have cold and flu-fighting properties, they also keep us hydrated, which is also very...
Jojoba oil, almond oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil...the list goes on and on. There are a lot of carrier oils available nowadays. Which one should you choose and when should you use them? This post will help answer these two questions so that you can use...
My usual go-to cereal is my ultimate cereal mix. However, if I'm in the moody for something with a bit more crunch, then I have this homemade granola mix. It is made from a recipe adapted from Elizabeth Rider. Buying granola from a store can be expensive, especially...
This recipe will allow you to make a natural nourishing homemade lip balm. This recipe is the perfect protection for your lips, particularly during the colder months of the year. I like to make a batch of this and have several containers of it available in various...
If you get hit with a cold, you might be tempted to use vapor rub to help you decongest and calm your coughs. Before you do though, consider that conventional vapor rub contains petroleum jelly (or petrolatum) and turpentine oil, both of which are toxic. Petroleum...
These sugar-free chocolate coconut balls are perfect for the holiday season to help you satisfy your sweet tooth and chocolate cravings while avoiding refined sugar and gluten. They are loaded with chocolate, are naturally sweetened, and are free of gluten and dairy....
In my last foodie post, I shared why store-bought oyster sauce is not so healthy for us (hint: a large part has to do with the MSG or monosodium glutamate that is typically found in it). I also shared my vegan MSG-free, soy-free oyster sauce recipe, which I make more...
In many Asian dishes, you'll find oyster sauce is used to enhance the flavour of the dishes. But store-bought oyster sauce typically has MSG (or monosodium glutamate), which excites and increases the sensitivity of our taste buds so that we think the food we are...