During the cold and flu season it can be a challenge to keep everyone healthy. One of the tools I use to help me and my family prevent and fight off winter bugs is an immunity essential oil blend. It contains lavender, thyme, lemon, and tea tree oil, all of which are antibacterial and antiviral. They can also help decongest and clear the respiratory tract.
These oils are also safe for babies over the age of 3 months, as they are gentle for their young systems. Just be sure to get oils with the correct latin names written on the labels (see the recipe below for the correct latin names). For example, for the thyme oil, be sure to get Thymus vulgaris and be sure the chemotype is linalool (the other common chemotype is thymol). This particular chemotype is gentler and less likely to irritate the skin.
To learn how to make this oil blend, just watch the video or follow the recipe below.
- 10 mL olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 1 drop of each of these essential oils:
- Lemon (Citrus limon) – anti-viral, boosts white blood cells
- Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) – anti-viral, clears respiratory tract
- Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) – clears respiratory tract, calming
- Thyme linalool (Thymus vulgaris ct. linalool) – decongestant, calms coughs
- Add all ingredients into the bottle and shake to mix.
- Apply to soles of feet and massage onto chest and back to prevent and fight cold and flu viruses.
- Safe for babies 3 months and older
No time to make your own? You can also purchase my premade Immunity Essential Oil Blend.